Bachelor of Arts in Communication Program Competencies
Students will demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate effectively in written, oral, and visual forms using appropriate media and technology.
- The ability to apply appropriate communication theories to a variety of circumstances and audiences.
- The ability to apply appropriate ethical and legal standards to the communication process.
- Understanding the impact of communication and related media on history, society, culture and global community.
- The ability to identify, interpret, and analyze the characteristics and merits of communication artifacts.
Senior Project in Capstone Course
The major in Communication with one of the six options requires 39 semester hours including the Senior Seminar. The options are: Advertising, Public Relations, Communication Studies, Leadership Studies, Multimedia Journalism, and Multimedia Production.
All students majoring in Communication will take the following courses:
COMM 110 History of Communications Media
COMM 220 Introduction to Communication Theory