S. Chen, J. Hypes, M. Hypes
The student will demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of sport management content and concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of other disciplines and how they relate to sport management.
- Demonstrate the ability to be an effective decision maker in the sport business process.
- Demonstrate the skills and techniques (including technology) needed for a successful career in sport management.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and activities necessary to serve a diverse sport consumer population.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage a sport or physical activity organization.
- Demonstrate appropriate communication skills, both written and verbal, with various sport management constituencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate sport or physical activity programs, products, and services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as an individual and as a member of a team
These competencies align with the NASPE/NASSM Sport Management Program standards.
Senior capstone course