Associate Degree Requirements
You will receive your associate degree after you:
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester hours of prescribed and elective college credit. See the academic programs section of this catalog for the specific requirements of your associate degree program. A prescribed program is not required for the Associate of University Studies degree.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on all work at the University.
- Complete at least 16 semester hours at Morehead State University, including one semester preceding graduation. Correspondence courses do not satisfy this requirement.
- Complete the three credit hour course FYS 101: First Year Seminar course during the student's first academic year if the student begins as a freshman or transfers to MSU with less than 24 credit hours.
- For students with 24 or more transfer credit hours, the FYS 101 requirement is waived but the student must complete an additional course in SBS I or SBS II to meet general education requirements.
- Complete 15 semester hours of general education requirements as follows: