Bachelor of Arts - Health and Physical Education Teaching
L. Fitzgerald, T. Hardman, J. Hatfield, M. Magner, M. Miller, T. Newsome
Students will demonstrate:
- An understanding of and working knowledge of discipline specific content.
- An understanding of general knowledge from other disciplines which can be applied to the discipline.
- Experiences and opportunities to develop the skills and techniques (including technology) needed to ensure the effective delivery of content to students in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Knowledge and activities designed to promote sensitivity to and accountability for diverse learner populations.
- An understanding of and experience using the skills needed for effective classroom management.
- The skills needed to design, implement, and evaluate student assessments.
- Knowledge and skills to participate in an interdisciplinary approach to education.
- Knowledge and skills needed to effectively select and utilize a variety of technical and human resources to augment the learning process.
- Opportunities to implement Kentucky Education Reform Act initiatives and to be assessed in regard to the effective delivery (KTIP guidelines) of the same in a variety of preservice practice teaching activities.
Teacher Performance Assessment
PRAXIS Content Area Exam(s)
PRAXIS PLT Exam