Early Childhood Education
E. McLaren, M. Shon
Competency is required in the following basic areas in the Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Program:
- Function as competent early childhood teachers and caregivers for birth to primary programs through an interdisciplinary curriculum that emphasizes goals, research, and best practices relating to children and diversity.
- Apply knowledge of the physical, psychosocial, and cognitive development of young children.
- Address special education needs of young children through a diagnostic prescriptive teaching/learning approach.
- Apply instructional methodology and curriculum content in laboratory experiences.
- Use the management processes in caring for and teaching young children with and without disabilities from birth to primary programs.
- Examine legislation and public policy regarding children and families.
- Communicate as a child and family advocate.
Assessment Procedures IECE
GPA of 2.50
Completion of required field experience hours
Teacher Performance Assessment