Application for Clinical Practice
- Application for the professional semester must be made through the Educational Services Unit. An online application for clinical practice must be submitted at the beginning of the semester PRIOR to the clinical semester. (August for the Spring Semester and January for the Fall Semester).
- Admission to the Teacher Education Program is required.
- Applicant must have a grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale on all coursework completed (includes transfer credit).
- Coursework completed at Morehead State University must have an overall 2.5 GPA.
- A grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale in area of concentration, major(s), and academic components.
- For all teacher education candidate, a minimum grade of "C" is required in courses requiring field experience hours AND all TEP restricted courses (those courses requiring TEP admission as a prerequisite) with an overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale in area of concentration, major(s), and academic components.
- Completion of prerequisite courses.
Secondary Certification Programs
5-12 Certification Programs
P-12 Certification Programs
LBD and MSD - P-5 education requirements plus EDSP 230, 350, 356, 363, 365, 367, 372 and
LBD- EDSP 360, 353, 355, 356, 357, 359 or
MSD- EDSP 370, 371, 373, 374, 375
Interdisciplinary Early Childhood
P-5 Certification Program
Middle Grades Certification Program
- A minimum average grade of 2.5 on professional education courses is required.
- A minimum of 90 semester hours must have been completed.
- Applicant must have a bona fide major for teacher certification. (See Curriculum Standards ST-2).
- Must complete a minimum of 75 percent of the course requirements in area or teaching component(s) as required by program. (To include all methods courses).
- One semester (12 hours minimum) in residence at Morehead State University.
- A copy of the applicant's program evaluation must accompany the application.
- A current physical examination must be on file in the Educational Services Unit prior to commencing the professional semester.
- An official, current transcript must accompany the application.
- Successfully completed field experiences associated with courses in the professional education sequence.
Transfer and substitution of required education courses is dependent upon applicant completing appropriate field experiences. Documentation is required.
- Students will contact the school district after having received the clinical placement for the criminal background check. Criminal background checks are required for individuals working with the school districts.
- Scores for all required PRAXIS tests must be on file in the MSU Testing Center prior to commencing the clinical semester.
If a student is unable to obtain passing PRAXIS scores, a retake plan must be filed with the ESU Director prior to commencing clinical practice.
Courses for which application must be scheduled with the director of student teaching one semester in advance include:
AGR 478 Student Teaching Practicum
CTE 478 Student Teaching Practicum
EDEE 423 Supervised Student Teaching Practicum
EDMG 446 Supervised Student Teaching
EDSE 416 Clinical Practice
EDSP 435 Supervised Teaching Practicum
EDSP 437 Student Teaching Practicum in Education of Students with Moderate and Severe Disabilities
HS 478 Student Teaching Practicum
IECE 425 Practical Student Teaching