Policies and Procedures
The specific policies and procedures to be used in applying the satisfactory progress standards are outlined below:
- Satisfactory progress will be evaluated at the end of each spring semester.
- Hours attempted for purposes of this policy will be defined as those for which a student receives a grade of A, B, C, D, E, F, I, IP, K, N, R, U, W, WP, or WF.
- For undergraduate students, grades of E, F, I, IP, N, R, U, W, WP, and WF will not qualify as successful completion of hours attempted.
- Non-credit remedial courses, courses taken for audit, and courses in which grades of K or P are received are not figured in the calculation of a student's GPA.
- If otherwise eligible, students will be given financial aid during a term in which they may be repeating a course.
- A student who fails to maintain satisfactory progress as defined will not be permitted to receive federal, state, or institutional financial aid.