Elementary (P-5) Education
J. Arrington, S. Benton, C. Bromagen, B. Collins, M. Decker, K. Frederick, K. Hazler, K. Nettleton, J. McCain, T. Miller,
M. Moehle, D. Peterson, E. Schack, M. Schack, B. Winkleman, M. Willis
Based on the Teacher Standards, students graduating from the P-5 program should:
- Demonstrate knowledge of growth and development of children.
- Be able to assess developmental and instructional needs of children.
- Organize an effective classroom environment which will maximize learning.
- Effectively manage classroom behavior.
- Develop skills in planning and implementing appropriate instructional programs for children.
- Demonstrate appropriate interaction and communication with children, parents, and other adults working in schools.
- Describe information about options for school and home cooperation.
- Identify appropriate professional development activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the philosophical, historical, sociological, and psychological basis of early elementary education.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the provisions of the Kentucky Education Reform Act.
- Demonstrate appropriate uses of technology to support classroom instruction.
- Demonstrate the capacity to provide leadership within the school, the community, and the profession.
Assessment Procedures P-5
GPA of 2.50
Completion of required field experience hours