Certification Programs for Career and Technical Education School Principal and Career and Technical Education Supervision and Coordination
For individuals who meet program admission requirements, have completed at least three years of teaching experience in a vocational education teaching assignment, and who have completed the approved academic program of preparation, the certificate for career and technical education supervision and coordination shall be issued for a duration period of five years.
- Satisfy University admission requirements.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five or l0-year teaching certificate for any one of the areas of career and technical education authorized in the Kentucky State Plan for Career and Technical Education.
- Three years of teaching experience in career and technical education.
Requirements for the Program
- The program must be planned with the student's advisor.
- Fifteen semester hours* from the following four areas with a minimum of three hours from each area:
- Organization and administration of career and technical education.
- Administration and supervision of education personnel.
- Program planning, research, and evaluation in career and technical education.
- Vocational guidance; industrial psychology; human relation.
- Certificate for Technical School Principal.
- Must be unconditionally admitted.
- Complete appropriate EPSB testing requirements.
For individuals who meet program admission requirements, who complete the approved program of preparation, and who comply with the testing requirements as specified under KRS 161.027, a certificate of eligibility will be issued valid for four years.
*These hours may be completed as part of the program leading to the Master of Science in Career and Technical Education degree.