Teacher Leader Alternative Admission Plan
Alternative Admission Plan
(Standard/Regular Admission Requirements are listed at the beginning of each TL content area).
Candidates who do not qualify for regular admission may apply for alternative admission to the TL program. This process requires that candidates meet the criteria for admission to the Teacher Leader Fifth Year program. These requirements are as follows:
- A baccalaureate degree.
- A standard or provisional teaching certificate or statement of eligibility.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50.
- An approved professional growth plan signed by school supervisor. If the candidate is not currently teaching, the candidate's advisor may approve the professional growth plan.
Candidates meeting these criteria will be admitted to the Teacher Leader Fifth Year program.
Provision 1. Candidates granted alternative admission may take up to 12 hours in the specific Teacher Leader program to which they are applying. If the candidate earns a GPA of 3.75 or higher for these 12 hours, the GRE/MAT testing requirements are waived for regular admission to the program. If a GPA of 3.75 is not attained, the candidate must submit a GRE/MAT score no later than the conclusion of the semester during which the 12th hour is completed at which time an admission index will be calculated.
The admission index will be determined by the following:
- GRE score (verbal + quantitative) X undergraduate GPA = 2050 (minimum).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) scaled score X undergraduate GPA = 980 (minimum).
Provision 2. Once candidates have successfully completed 12 credit hours and met criteria for regular or alternative admission to the Master of Arts in Education - Teacher Leader program, they may apply for admission to the Teacher Leader master's or they may continue in the Teacher Leader Fifth Year program.